|Wild Rice with Cranberries and Mushrooms.doc||37 KB|
1 cup uncooked Rice Select Royal Blend Wild Rice
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
Olive Oil, enough to lightly cover skillet
2 Tbs. butter
1 pkg. white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1/2 - 3/4 cup dried cranberries
2 Tbs. thyme, finely chopped
salt / pepper to taste
- Cook rice as directed using chicken stock in place of water.
- While rice is cooking, lightly cover cast iron skillet with olive oil and add butter to melt down.
- Toss sliced mushrooms in and let brown on both sides.
- Once rice is done, add in mushrooms and cranberries. Gently mix together.
- Season with chopped thyme and salt/pepper.
Serves 4. Double if necessary.
Recipe by Amy Kushnir