Whole Wheat Popovers
|Whole Wheat Popovers.doc||37.5 KB|
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- GENEROUSLY grease custard or popover pan.
- Mix all ingredients with mixer until smooth.
- Fill custard cups 1/2 full.
- Place on center rack and bake for 20 min. - make sure top rack is taken out.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 20 - 25 more min.
- Pull if getting to brown on top.
- Remove from cups and serve hot.
*If they are stuck to cups, take a dinner knife and gently go around the inside of the cup while loosening the popover.
*I used to make these all the time in college. It may be the first recipe I mastered!
I believe I found it in an old Betty Crocker cookbook?