Twice Baked Potatoes
|Twice Baked Potatoes.doc||39 KB|
6 large potatoes
1 & 1/2 sticks butter, softened
3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (reserve half for topping)
8 oz. sour cream
1 lb. bacon, cooked until crispy (reserve half for topping)
3/4 cup cream or milk
1 bunch green onions, whites and part of green thinly sliced
salt/pepper, to taste
Paprika, to taste
- Wash potatoes and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes on 400 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- While potatoes are baking, pull out butter to softened and cook bacon until crispy.
- Set bacon aside and let cool then crumble.
- Once potatoes are soft and cooked through, remove and let cool for several minutes. (lower heat on oven to 350 degrees)
- Slice potatoes lengthwise to cut in half.
- Scoop inside of potatoes halves out with a large spoon. (Be careful not to over scoop. You want to leave some of the potato in as a lining.)
- Place potato skins in a large baking dish or two.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash together potato scoops, butter, sour cream and cream.
- Once mashed to desired texture, mix in 1/2 of cheese, 1/2 of crumbled bacon and salt/pepper to taste.
- Lightly fill each potato skin with mixture until full. Top with remaining cheese, remaining bacon, green onions and a smidgen of paprika.
- Bake again for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
*Can make ahead and refrigerate for two days before serving.