|Tortellini Soup.doc||37.5 KB|
2 lb. Italian Ground Sausage
1 large onion - finely chopped
8 - 10 garlic cloves - pressed
3 (14 1/2 oz.) cans beef broth
2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (29 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 cup dry red wine
2 - 3 Carrots - thinly sliced
1 - 2 Tbs. sugar
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 - 3 Zucchini sliced
1 pkg. refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini (family size)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage, onion and garlic in a large pot over medium heat stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Return mixture to pan.
- Stir in broth and next 6 ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Skim off fat.
- Stir in zucchini and tortellini, simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.