Texas Sheet Cake
|Texas Sheet Cake.doc||38.5 KB|
- In a large bowl, sift sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter, buttermilk, vegetable oil, water, beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir well.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish and place in oven at 400 degrees for 25 - 30 min. (Check on it at 25 min. If center still jiggles, bake another 5 min.) Toothpick should come out clean from center of cake when done.
While cake is baking....make frosting
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 lb. powdered sugar - (4 cups)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
In a small pan mix milk and cocoa stirring well until completely blended with no heat. Turn heat on to med - low and add butter. Stir until butter is thoroughly melted. Pour mixture into a medium sized mixing bowl and add sifted powdered sugar, vanilla and pecans. Mix well. Once cake is done, pour frosting immediately over hot cake and let sit for a while (at least 1 hour) before serving.
adapted from www.texascooking.com