|Stuffed Mushrooms.doc||38 KB|
2 8 oz. pkg. white mushrooms
1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage
1/2 pkg. cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
3 cloves garlic (crushed or chopped)
1 jar Candy Krisp Jalapenos (or your favorite brand or fresh jalapeno)
- Wash and gently dry mushrooms (or cleaned off with a damp cloth), removed stems and hallow out mushroom caps.
- In a large skillet, begin to brown and crumble sausage.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and let it cook over medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer meat mixture to a plate with paper towel to drain any excess grease
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together both cheeses and bread crumbs with the meat mixture.
- Scoop out mixture with a small spoon (such as a teaspoon) and fill mushrooms caps. Place stuffed mushrooms on a non-stick baking sheet and top each one with a jalapeno slice. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 -20 min.
Serve immediately. Also good warmed up.
Makes approx. 28 mushrooms (depending on size)