Stuffed Hatch Chile Peppers
|Stuffed Hatch Chile Peppers.doc||38.5 KB|
6 - 8 Hatch Chile peppers
1½ cup shredded chicken
¾ cup small cubed sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz. softened cream cheese
2 Tbs. Dalmatia fig spread (can substitute with honey)
½ tsp. crushed red pepper
3 cloves garlic, crushed
pinch salt & pepper
1 lb. pkg. sliced bacon
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add chili peppers and boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove peppers from pot and allow to cool.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add cream cheese, chicken, cheddar cheese, fig spread, red pepper, garlic and salt/pepper. Mix until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, slice peppers down the center from the top to close to the bottom. Remove seeds for less heat or leave them for more.
- Open the pepper and fill with chicken mixture using a small spoon. Wrap bacon around the pepper starting from top to the bottom. Keep ends of bacon on the bottom of the pepper to avoid using toothpicks to hold it.
- Line a large baking tray with foil and set a cooling rack on top of it.
- Place peppers on the cooling rack and bake for 45 minutes or until the bacon is cooked.
Serve and enjoy.