|Spinach:Mushroom Quiche.doc||273 KB|
- In a large pan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add green onions and saute more. Add thoroughly drained spinach and mix well.
- Pour mixture to a medium sized mixing bowl and let cool.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk four eggs. Add both cream and milk and mix well.
Unroll both pie crusts and trim about 1/4 of each off. Place both cut ends together and press seems together forming one large pie crust.
- Lay evenly over a greased 8 x 8 (square) baking dish and press crust down into dish. Crust may fold over edges some. (adjust edges to your liking)
- Mix 1 cup of Gruyere cheese and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese with spinach mixture. Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Pour spinach/cheese mixture into pie crust.
- Sprinkle toasted pine nuts over spinach.
- Pour egg mixture on top of pine nuts.
- Top dish with extra cheese you have left. (about 1/2 cup)
- Whisk one egg and lightly brush pie crust edges for a glistening finish.
- Bake @ 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. then lower heat to 325 degrees F and bake for an additional 30 min. (test quiche with a toothpick inserted into center - if it comes out dry, quiche is done)
- Let quiche rest for 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
*can make this recipe in a regular sized deep dish pie plate using 1 pie crust.