Spinach / Artichoke Casserole
|Spinach:Artichoke Casserole.doc||37.5 KB|
2 cans artichoke hearts, drained and halved
4 Tbs. butter, divided
1 sweet onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 Tbs. salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 cup fontina cheese, shredded
2 10 oz. pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
Italian Panko Bread Crumbs for topping
- In a large skillet, saute artichoke halves in 2 Tbs. of butter until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 2 more Tbs. of butter and saute onion with garlic until tender.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add in heavy cream and milk and stirring constantly over medium-low heat.
- Sauce will thicken then turn heat to low.
- Season with Cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add in both cheeses, Parmesan and Fontina.
- Add drained spinach and mix until thoroughly.
- Gently fold in browned artichokes.
- Pour mixture into a large baking dish.
- Top with Italian Panko Bread Crumbs.
- Bake at 425 for 20 min. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Amy Kushnir