Simple Cranberry Squares
|Simple Cranberry Squares.doc||38 KB|
1 box yellow cake mix - any brand
8 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
4 Tbs. unsalted cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 9.6 oz. jar Cranberry Relish (I use Dickinson’s)
2 Tbs. milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of cake mix in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix remaining cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg together and pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In another small bowl, mix 2 eggs, milk and cranberry relish together and pour over cake batter in pan.
- With the reserved cake mix, add sugar, cinnamon, and cold butter pieces. Blend together with a pastry blender or fork until mixture is in crumbles. Sprinkle over cranberry relish layer.
- Bake for 40 min. or until golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma