|Sauteed Kale.doc||38 KB|
12 stalks of kale (not packaged or precut)
1 or 2 leeks (I use 1 large or 2 small)
1 cup Chicken broth
salt/pepper to taste
- Wash stalks well.
- Tear leaves away from thick stalks into large bite size pieces.
- Wash leeks and cut into thin slices (using white part only)
- Toss kale into a large pot/Dutch oven.
- Add leeks on top.
- Sprinkle in salt/pepper to taste.
- Pour Chicken broth in.
- Turn heat to med - low and gently stir.
- Kale will quickly shrink.
- Once it’s softened, turn heat to low and let simmer for about 30 min.
- Stir occasionally.
- Kale and leeks will cook and become tender.
- If Kale begins to stick to pot, add 1/4 cup of broth in.
From: Momma's kitchen