Salted Caramel Brownies
|Salted Caramel Brownies.doc||39 KB|
1½ stick butter, cut into large chunks
6 oz. bittersweet chocolate broken into pieces
3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
6 Tbs. cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1½ cups sugar
1½ tsp. vanilla
1 jar Hot Caramel sauce (such as Smuckers)
Fine Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8” square baking dish.
- Melt butter and chocolate in microwavable bowl for about 1½ minutes. (Stirring every 30 seconds until thoroughly melted.)
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Add in the melted chocolate/butter mixture and whisk again until well combined.
- Finally, whisk in flour mixture and mix throughly.
- Pour the batter into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Allow pan to cool 10 minutes or so.
- Warm Caramel sauce in microwave with top off for about 30 sec. until thin and runny.
- Drizzle sauce with a spoon over brownies and lightly sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Allow sauce and brownies to completely cool and set before cutting into squares.