Red Arriba Cheese Enchiladas & Black Beans by Stephanie Urbina Jones
|Red Arriba Cheese Enchiladas & Black Beans.doc||39 KB|
6 red corn tortillas (use regular if you can’t find red)
6 blue corn tortillas (use regular if you can’t find blue)
2 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup diced Vidalia onion (or use sweet Texas onion)
1 cup Vegetable Oil
1 jar Arriba! Fire Roasted Mexican Green Salsa (Mild)
1 jar of Alamo Select Salsa by Texas Pepper Works
1 can of black beans frijoles negros
1/3 cup diced Candy Krisp Jalapenos by Texas Pepper Works
Garnish plates with : 2 sliced avocados , 1 sliced tomato, chopped cilantro, 1 sliced lime
- Combine 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese and 1 cup chopped onion in bowl.
- Prepare a small plate with paper towels on plate for draining tortillas.
- Pour 1 cup vegetable oil in small skillet – put heat on low-med .
- Using cooking tongs, dip one tortilla at a time in hot vegetable oil for no more than a few seconds.
- Take tortilla out and drain on paper towel while cooking next tortilla.
- Proceed until all tortillas have been cooked.
- Take a handful of cheese/onion mixture and place in the center of a tortilla and roll.
- Continue filling tortillas until all stuffed and placed into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Top enchiladas off with Alamo Select and Green Salsa. (I do half of baking dish in red and the other half in green)
- Top with ½ cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on 350.
- Mix 1 can of Frijole Negro Black Beans and 1/3 cup chopped Candy Krisp Jalapenos in a small sauce pan.
- Warm on low-med heat for 5 min. – stirring often.