Pumpkin Cake & Cupcakes
|Pumpkin Cake & Cupcakes.doc||38.5 KB|
1 box yellow cake mix - any brand
1 can Pumpkin - not Pumpkin Pie Mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 container Cool Whip
1 container cream cheese frosting, any brand
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- For batter, combine first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend on low speed for 30 sec., then mix on high for 2 minutes.
- For Cupcakes: Using 1/2 batter - Place liners in a 12 muffin tin and fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 -25 min and let cool for 30 min. before frosting and adding sprinkles.
- For Cake: Pour the remaining half batter into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Mix toppings (pecans, sugar, butter and flour) in a small bowl and sprinkle all over top of batter.
- Bake for 30 - 35 min or until toothpick inserted to center comes out clean or almost clean. Let cool for 30 min. before cutting. Add cool whip and nutmeg to each serving.
*May use all batter for 24 cupcakes or for a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.