|Peach Cobber.doc||37.5 KB|
4 cups (5 - 7) fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
1 stick unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1 Tbs. baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbs. lime juice
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Once heated, melt butter in a 9” baking dish. Watch carefully that it doesn’t burn.
- Peel and chop all peaches
- In a medium mixing bowl, add flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and buttermilk.
- Gently stir until moist.
- Pour batter over melted butter. Do not stir.
- In a medium saucepan, add peaches, 1 cup sugar, lime juice and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, stir constantly.
- Pour over batter.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top if desired.
- Bake for 35 - 45 min. until golden brown
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.