3 lg. egg whites
1 & 1/2 cups sugar
4 Tbs. boiling water
1 tsp. Cream of Tartar
*For Filling: about 3 - 4 cups whipped cream and fresh fruit such as strawberries, kiwi, blackberries, raspberries or blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- With a mixer beat all ingredients on high for TEN minutes. (yes TEN!)
- With a large spoon, scoop onto foil and spread slowly forming a medium sized circle.
- Use a spoon to hollow out the middle (making a bowl) and form small curves along the edges.
- Bake for FIVE minutes (REMINDER! FIVE MINUTES ONLY).
- Turn oven OFF and let it continue to bake for TWO hours.
- Cool completely and “gently” fill.
Just before serving, fill center of bowl with whipped cream and assortment of fresh fruit.
Recipe from: Olivia Maxwell