|Oven-Fried Chicken.doc||38.5 KB|
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
¼ cup potato flakes
½ cup plain Panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. Seasoned salt
several cranks of fresh coarse black pepper
¼ tsp. finely chopped rosemary
4 Tbs. coarsely chopped pine nuts
4 chicken cutlets, or 2 large breast sliced thinly in half
1 qt. low fat buttermilk, 1 cup reserved for dipping
1 large egg, whisked
Canola oil, enough to cover bottom (about ¼” deep) of large cast iron skillet
- In a deep dish, soak chicken with enough buttermilk to cover each piece.
- Refrigerate overnight if possible. If not, let soak for an hour or more.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and toss well. Set aside.
- Pour dry ingredients into a shallow dipping dish.
- Combine whisked egg and 1 cup buttermilk in another shallow dipping dish.
- Dredge each piece of chicken through buttermilk mixture then through dry mixture making sure both sides are throughly covered.
- Preheat canola oil in cast iron skillet over med - high heat.
- Lay each cutlet into skillet and brown on med - low heat for 4 minutes on both sides.
- Transfer skillet into oven and bake for 10 - 12 min. at 375 degrees or until chicken is done.
- Plate and dig-in!
*serve with marinara sauce, pasta or more cheese....yum!