Old No. 7 Grilled Salmon by George Ducas
|Old No. 7 Salmon.doc||36.5 KB|
4 salmon fillets
5 oz. Jack Daniel’s whiskey
4 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning to taste
- Wash salmon fillets, add salt, pepper & a little creole seasoning and set aside.
- Mix whiskey, brown sugar and olive oil and pour in a zip-lock freezer bag.
- Put the fillets in the bag and place on a plate in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, heat grill to medium-low heat.
- Add salmon filets, skin side down.
- Turn grill temperature down to low.
- Squeeze ½ lemon. Grill for 14 minutes, flip and remove skin.
- It should separate from the salmon fairly easily.
- Squeeze ½ lemon again, and let the other side cook for 12-14 minutes.
- Let the grill marks be your guide!
- When ready to remove from grill, put on fresh plate and serve.