Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
|Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes.doc||38 KB|
1 box yellow cake mix - any brand
1 20 oz. can sliced pineapple with juice (juice reserved)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
eggs (as directed on cake mix)
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 jar maraschino cherries (no stems)
no - stick cooking spray (such as Pam)
1 extra large muffin pan (6 jumbo cups)
- Dump cake mix into a mixing bowl. Add pineapple juice (about 1 cup), oil and eggs and blend until moist. Beat with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and add brown sugar. Stir until well mixed and smooth.
- Lightly coat muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Spoon 2 Tbs. of butter/sugar mixture to the bottoms of all six muffin cups.
- Place a pineapple slice over the mixture.
- Add a cherry to the center of pineapple ring.
- Spoon cake mixture over pineapple, filling cup just over 1/2 but no more than 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Once done, let cool for 5 - 7 minutes before flipping over on to a large tray.
Makes: approx. 9 mini cakes
Recipe from: Sandy Burnham