Mini Key Lime Pies
|Mini Key Lime Pies.doc||38 KB|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, condensed milk, Key lime juice and lime zest until well blended.
- Pour into mini pie crusts filling to top.
- Place all 6 on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, 2 - 4 hours are even better.
- Just before serving, beat cold whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla on high with a mixer until thick and fluffy. (about 4 - 5 min)
- Top mini pies with whipped cream and more lime zest for garnish.
*can substitute bottled Key lime juice with fresh lime juice.
*can also substitute mini pie crusts with 1 regular sized (10 oz.) Graham cracker pie crust.