|Mexican Lasagna.doc||38 KB|
1 lb. lean ground beef
¼ cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ pkt. taco seasoning (any brand)
1 cup salsa (your favorite)
1 can black beans, drained
1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies, mild
1 pkg. 10 corn tortillas
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- In a large skillet, brown meat with onion and garlic.
- Add taco seasoning, salsa, beans, green chilies and mix well.
- Cut stack of corn tortillas into ¼” strips.
- To assemble: Fill bottom of an 8 x 8 (or so) baking dish with half of cut tortillas.
- Layer half of meat mixture evenly on top of tortillas and top with a cup or so of both cheeses.
- Repeat layers once more (tortillas, meat, cheese) topping cheeses with any extra strips of tortillas you may have left.
- Bake in the oven set at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.