1½ lb. lean ground beef
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
½ - 1 cup chopped celery
½ - 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
1 14.5 oz. can Cream Style Corn
1 14.5 oz. can Diced Tomatoes
1 can Tomato soup
1 12 oz. pkg. medium egg noodles
4 Tbs. butter, divided
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce (or to desired taste)
salt & pepper (to taste)
1 - 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer Sharp)
- In a saucepan, mix corn, canned tomatoes and tomato soup with 2 Tbs. butter. and a dash of salt. Set aside on low heat stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles as directed. Drain and Rinse.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 Tbs. butter with onion, celery and mushrooms until onions are transparent.
- Add uncooked ground beef and bell pepper to saute and cook throughly.
- Add 2 Tbs. Worcestershire, a few dashes of salt and pepper (to taste)
- Fold in soup mixture and mix well.
- Lastly, add cooked noodles and blend well.
- Pour into greased 9” x 13” dish and refrigerate overnight (if possible) or top with shredded cheese and bake for 20 min. at 325 degrees until cheese is melted.
*Best if you can refrigerate overnight before topping with cheese to allow flavor to set.
Adapted from: Helen Corbitt cookbook