- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray Madeleine pans with non-stick baking spray with flour.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and let cool but not harden.
- Beat eggs, salt and sugar together until it thickens. (about 8 min.)
- With a large mixing spoon, fold in vanilla and flour.
- Lastly, fold in butter and mix. (don’t let butter settle to the bottom or sides)
- Quickly spoon batter into Madeleine pans. (filling each mold about half - 3/4 full)
- Bake until golden brown and edges are just a bit darker. (about 8 min.)
- Once done, remove from pans and place on a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle a light dusting of confectioners’ sugar on top of each Madeleine.
Side note: Growing up my Mother would make these French, cake-like treats.
They are light and delicate. Recipes vary some but this is the one she used.
*optional - add in 1 Tbs of lemon zest with butter. (yum)
Adapted from Martha Stewart “Entertaining” Cookbook