Loaded Mashed Potatoes
|Loaded Mashed Potatoes.doc||40 KB|
3 lbs. potatoes (1 ½ lb. Yukon Gold & 1 ½ lb. russet) peeled and quartered
1 head garlic
1 stick butter
8 oz. sour cream
1 tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. Seasoned salt
1 Tbs. dry Ranch dressing mix
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
8 - 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Fresh chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tops off the head of garlic.
- Drizzle a small amount of Olive oil on top and wrap tightly in foil.
- Roast garlic in oven for 30 minutes. Once done, gently squeeze the garlic bulbs out and mash with a fork. Set aside.
- Cook and crumble bacon. Set aside.
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water for 15 - 20 min.
- Drain when they become tender.
- Return potatoes to a large bowl or pot.
- Add butter, sour cream, roasted garlic, pepper, seasoned salt and dry Ranch mix.
- Mix thoroughly with an electric mixer until smooth. *may add more salt/pepper to desired taste
- Fold in cheese and stir with a spoon.
- Spread potato mixture into a greased baking dish. (at this point you can cover and refrigerate if you’re serving later but it’s best not to chill potatoes if you can.)
- Heat potatoes in oven set at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 min. prior to serving.
- Top with crumbled bacon and garnish with chives.
Serves 6 - 8