Lemon Chess Pie
|Lemon Chess Pie.doc||36.5 KB|
1 9” deep pie crust
2 cups sugar
1 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1 Tbs. corn meal
4 eggs (+1 for pie crust edges)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1/4 cup lemon zest
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and blend together until smooth.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Brush crust edges with one whisked egg.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 min. - 1 hour until firm and golden brown.
- Let completely cool before slicing.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Recipe from my Grandmother Margaret