Larry Joe Taylor's Cornbread Casserole
|LJTs Cornbread Casserole.doc||38 KB|
1 & 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1 onion, chopped
2 jalapenos, diced
1 lb. ground beef, browned
2 eggs, whisked together
1 cup corn meal
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 Tbs. salt
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 (15 oz.) can Cream Style Corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix whisked eggs, corn meal, milk, baking soda, salt, olive oil and canned corn in a bowl and set aside.
- Grease the sides and bottom of a Dutch oven (can also use a cast iron skillet or 9 x 13 baking dish) and place in the oven for 10 - 15 min.
- Pour half of cornbread mixture into the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Layer first the cheese, then the onion, jalapeno and lastly the browned ground beef.
- Top layers with the remaining half of cornbread mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake for 45 - 50 min. until edges are slightly brown and crusty.
*for more heat, add extra jalapenos.
Recipe from Larry Joe Taylor