Larry Joe Taylor's Chili
|Larry Joe Taylor's Chili.doc||38 KB|
2 pounds lean ground beef
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 large red onion, finely chopped
1 bell pepper, finely chopped
2 jalapenos, finely chopped
7 Tbs. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. paprika, or (to taste)
1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce, or (to taste)
16 oz. tomato sauce
2 cups water or beef broth
28 oz. canned tomatoes, pureed
1 Tbs. sugar
4 Tbs. cilantro, chopped
- Brown beef by searing in a skillet or Dutch oven.
- Drain well.
- Turn flame or burner to medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, bell pepper and jalapenos stirring as you add.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Mix chili powder, salt and paprika together and stir into pan.
- Add Tabasco sauce, tomato sauce, pureed tomatoes and beef broth (or water if using).
- Bring to a boil then simmer, covered for about 15 minutes stirring and adding water as needed. Add sugar and cilantro: cook 15 minutes.
- If you want is spicier, cook an additional 15 minutes.