Jalapeno Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
|Jalapeno Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas.doc||38.5 KB|
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 medium sized onion - finely chopped
4 chicken breast - cooked and shredded
8 - 10 flour tortillas
1 2 cup bag shredded Pepper Jack cheese
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbs. butter
2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 - 2 jalapenos - deseeded and chopped
salt/pepper to taste
- Cook and shred chicken - set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute chopped onion with olive oil.
- Add shredded chicken and mix well.
- Place a scoop of chicken mixture in the center of the tortilla, add 2 Tbs. of cheese and roll tight. Place seam down onto a greased 9 x 13.
- Repeat until baking dish is full of enchiladas.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and whisk in flour to make a roux.
- Gradually add chicken broth bring to a slight boil. Continue whisking.
- Turn heat to low and stir in sour cream, chopped jalapeno, cumin and salt/pepper to taste. Stir well and let simmer until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. (about 15 - 20 min)