Guinness Irish Potato Salad
|Guinness Irish Potato Salad.doc||37.5 KB|
6 medium potatoes
4 slices bacon
1 tablespoon onions, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 teaspoon Morton light salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons unbleached flour
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon sugar
8 fluid ounces Guinness (beer)
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Boil potatoes in medium-size saucepan until just tender.
- Peel and slice.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Break into small pieces and mix with onion, celery, and salt; set aside.
- Stir melted butter and flour in a small saucepan until blended.
- Add mustard and sugar.
- Slowly stir in Guinness and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Toss lightly and let stand 1 hour.
- Add bacon mixture; toss gently and serve.
From: Guinness Executive Chef Todd Davies