Get Well Chicken Soup
|Get Well Chicken Soup.doc||38.5 KB|
3 chicken breast, on the bone
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
2 leeks, sliced (whites only)
6 cloves garlic, crushed
3 Bay leaves
3 cups chicken broth (any brand)
1 - 2 Tbs. fresh dill, chopped
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
sea salt (to taste)
fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Wash chicken and remove skin.
- Chop all vegetables and herbs.
- Place chicken and veggies in a deep pot with bay leaves and garlic.
- Fill with water enough to cover chicken and veggies. (Some veggies my float to top)
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and partially cover with lid.
- Let simmer on med - low heat for 1 hour and 15 min.
- Remove all frothy foam from top of water with a spoon.
- Lift chicken breast from the soup and place on a cutting board.
- Shred chicken off the bone and return (meat only) back to the pot.
- Add 3 cups of broth, dill, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir well and let simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Remove bay leaves then serve hot.