|Fried Okra.doc||37.5 KB|
- Wash and slice okra (about 1/4” thick).
- Pour approx 2 cups of buttermilk into a medium sized bowl.
- Add remaining dry ingredients to a separate medium sized bowl and mix well.
Dip sliced okra into buttermilk bowl, then dip each slice in the dry mixture (coating well).
In a large cast iron skillet, heat vegetable oil on medium-high (oil about 1/4” deep).
- Add okra and adjust the heat to medium-low allowing it to brown for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Flip each piece over to cook and additional 3 - 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain cooked okra on a paper towel and serve.