French Toast with Nuts & Bacon
|French Toast with Nuts & Bacon.doc||41 KB|
Slice Texas Toast or your favorite sliced bread
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 lb. bacon - cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup pecans - chopped
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs. butter
- Whisk as many eggs as you are making toast. (One egg per piece of toast)
- Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup milk,vanilla and cinnamon - mixing all together
- Drudge each piece of toast through egg mixture.
- Place directly in a large skillet over med heat. Add 1 Tbs. butter under each piece of toast and 1 Tbs. on top of each piece of toast while it cooks.
- Flip toast as soon as it starts to brown - cooking both sides
For Bacon/Nut Topping:
- In a sauce pan - melt 2 Tbs. butter, pecans, bacon, brown sugar and whiskey.
- Stir until all melted, mixed and heated well.