|Farmers Omelet.doc||39 KB|
1 Tbs. butter
Swiss Cheese, shredded
Virginia Ham, thinly sliced
1 potato, shredded (or can substitute with store bought shredded hash browns)
2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Peel and shred potato. (or, open the bag of pre-made hash browns)
- Pour a small amount (maybe 2- 3Tbs.) vegetable oil in cast iron skillet and let it coat the skillet.
- Cook potatoes over med/low heat.
- Flip occasionally to get mostly brown and crispy.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a small bowl. Add a splash of milk, salt and pepper. Whisk again.
- In an omelet pan (approx 7 “), add a few drops of vegetable oil and butter over medium heat.
- When melted, pour egg mixture in. For the first 20 seconds, push eggs into the center of the pan from the outer edges and let the runny part fill the edges back in.
- Once the runny part starts to thicken and cook, gently seperate the outer edges away from the pan with your spatula.
- Push the spatula under half the egg, tilt the pan at an angle toward you and flip over to the other side.
- Let it cook for another 30 - 45 seconds.
- Add a few scoops of hash browns along the center. Next layer the cheese, ham and green onions.
- Fold the omelet in half to meet the edges almost together. It may be too stuffed to fold completely in half. (That’s ok too)