Egg Nog by Jason Allen
|Jason Allen's Egg Nog.doc||18.5 KB|
12 eggs, separated
6 cups milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 cups whisky- Jack Daniels
1+ 1/2 cups sugar
- Separate 12 eggs whites from the yolks keeping the whites in a smaller bowl and the yolks in a larger mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg yolks together with the sugar for approx. 10 minutes (you want the mixture to be thick and the color of butter).
- Slowly add whisky and cool in the fridge for 20 min. or longer
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream with a mixer on high speed until the cream forms stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly pour the refrigerated egg yolk mixture in to a large punch bowl.
- Next, gently fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Then gently fold the whipped cream into the egg mixture.
- Once all three bowls have been combined and mixed into one large punch bowl, ladle into cups, and sprinkle with nutmeg.