Coconut Cream Pie
|Coconut Cream Pie.doc||38 KB|
3 small (3.4 oz) boxes of Jello Brand Vanilla Cook & Serve Pudding (not instant)
Milk (6 cups total)
2 cups coconut flakes
1 frozen 9” pie shell or 1 box of refrigerated pie crust
1 8 oz. container Cool Whip
1 egg, whisked
- Bake pie crust as directed and let cool.
- In a saucepan, cook pudding as directed on box.
- Once pudding has thickened, add 1 cup coconut and give a couple of stirs to mix.
- Pour mixture into pie shell to 3/4 full. (you’ll have a little pudding left over for yourself)
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 or more hours.
- Brown remaining coconut just until golden and a bit crispy.
- Just before serving, add a thick layer of cool whip over pudding and sprinkle toasted coconut on top.
*for a prettier pie crust, brush the edges of the crust with a whisked egg just before baking.