|Chocolate Pudding.doc||37.5 KB|
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
3 cups cold whole milk
3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- In a medium pot, combine cornstarch, sugar and salt. Mix well with a whisk.
- Turn heat on to med - low. Add milk while whisking and turn heat to med - high.
- Bring to a low boil. Continue to stir and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add chocolate chunks and continue to stir while scraping the bottom and edges of pot frequently until the mixture is thick. (this all takes around 10 min.)
- Remove pot from heat and add vanilla. Stir well.
- Pour mixture into 4 small bowls. Refrigerate for 30 min or until completely cool.
- Just before serving, top with cool whip and toasted, sliced almonds.