Chocolate Chip Cookies
|Chocolate Chip Cookies.doc||38 KB|
1 stick margarine (just softened to touch)
1/2 stick butter flavored Crisco
1 1/4 c brown sugar - packed
3/4 c sugar
2 Tbs. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 (12) oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl blend together until smooth and creamy - margarine Crisco, brown sugar, sugar, 2 eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in flour ( 1 cup at a time) and then add salt and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips and gently blend thoroughly.
- Refrigerate dough for 2 or more hours.
- Roll dough into 2” balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 min only. Remove from oven and let sit on sheet for 2 more min. Then move to cooling rack or foil to continue cooling. Cookies should be thick and light brown color. If flat your butter was too soft or it was cooked too long.
Makes 3 - 4 dozen (depending on how large you make them)