Chicken Velvet Soup
|Chicken Velvet Soup Recipe.doc||37 KB|
3 chicken breast – cooked and shredded
3 cups chicken broth – reserved and strained from the pot of cooked chicken
3 cans chicken broth
1 cup milk – warmed
1 cup whipping cream – warmed
3/4 cup four
1/3 cup butter
- Boil and shred chicken breast
- Reserve 3 cups of broth from the pot and strain.
- In a large pot, melt butter over low heat and add flour stirring occasionally
- Add 2 cups of broth and mix well to flour mixture
- Add 1 warmed cup of milk and 1 warmed cup of whipping cream. Mix well.
- Add remaining chicken broth and shredded chicken. Bring to a boil while stirring.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat off and serve!
*Recipe adapted from Helen Corbitt’s cookbook and slightly tweaked!