Chicken & Veggie Italian Noodle Delight by Brandon Rhyder
|Chicken & Veggie Italian Noodle Delight.doc||39.5 KB|
2 large Chicken Breast
1 bottle Italian Dressing
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves – pressed
½ bundle Asparagus
1 cup fresh Mushrooms
½ Tbs. Basil, Rosemary, Thyme & Oregano (or 1ts of each dry herb)
Sea Salt / Fresh Black Pepper to taste
Crushed Red Pepper to desired taste and heat
1 14 oz. can Hunt’s Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic
1 – 2 cups bow-tie or spiral Whole Wheat Pasta
1 cup shredded Parmesan, Romano and Asiago Chesses (mixed)
- Marinate chicken in dressing w/ fresh garlic overnight or at least a few hours
- before cooking.
- Bring 2 qts water with 1 tsp of sea salt to boiling – cook pasta to al dente.
- Drain noodles and drizzle with olive oil – let sit while preparing the rest.
- Wash and pat dry marinated chicken.
- In a dutch oven or large skillet, heat olive oil to medium high heat and sear chicken on both sides for approx. 4 – 5 min per side.
- Place chicken in separate dish and bake in oven set @ 350 for 20 min. (check center to make sure
- completely cooked before you pull it out of oven)
- While chicken is baking, slice all veggies and add to unwashed dutch oven or large skillet you seared the chicken in.
- Add 1 tsp sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, the herbs and red pepper.
- Fold all together making sure to scrape the yum-yums off the bottom - Cooking for approx. 6 minutes.
- Add Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and simmer on low heat.
- Once chicken is done, cut it into bite size pieces and fold into veggies.
- Add cheeses and fold together allowing it to melt.
- Serve with fresh strips of basil on top and fresh bread on the side.