Chicken Picatta by Sheila Marshall
|Chicken Picatta.doc||38.5 KB|
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic - crushed
1 tsp. garlic powder
4 4 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1 jar capers
1 lemon (juiced)
- Butterfly all chicken breast.
- Place Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small brown paper bag.
- Add 1 chicken breast and shake to coat well. Take the coated chicken from the bag and repeat until all chicken has been coated.
- Put olive oil and butter in a 10 inch non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the garlic. As the garlic begins to turn brown, add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and place in the warm oven.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon juice and capers to the pan and cook over medium heat, scraping the bottom of the pan until it is clean.
- Add the chicken back into the pan for about seven minutes, turning frequently. The sauce will thicken to a glaze.
- Plate chicken over pasta and top with the sauce and grated parmesan cheese.