|Carrot Cake.doc||38 KB|
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. ground clove
2 & 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 & 1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup canola oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 & 1/2 cups carrots, grated
2 cups chopped walnuts (1 for cake mix & 1 for topping)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, spices, salt and baking soda.
- Add in wet ingredients (milk, oil and vanilla) and mix well.
- Add eggs mixing in one at a time.
- Gently fold in carrots and walnuts and mix with a spoon.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about an hour. (make sure toothpick comes out clean when put into center of the cake)
- Let cake cool completely before adding frosting and more walnuts. (*frosting recipe below)
- 2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- Beat cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer on high until smooth.
- Gently add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Lastly, add vanilla and lemon juice and mix on low.