Breakfast Potato Skins
|Breakfast Potato Skins.doc||39.5 KB|
4 lg. Russet potatoes, rinsed and dried
8 - 9 eggs, scrambled
1 lb. regular sausage, browned
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
4 - 5 green onions, thinly sliced
butter flavored cooking spray (such as Pam)
salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray.
- Prick potatoes with a fork.
- Transfer potatoes to baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until soft to touch.
- Meanwhile...scramble eggs in a skillet, brown sausage in a seperate skillet and slice green onions.
- Once potatoes are done, let cool for 20 minutes or until they’re cool enough to cut and handle. Turn broiler to high.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out centers only with a large spoon. (keep the insides for another recipe...like mashed potatoes?)
- Turn potato skin face down back on to the baking sheet. Spray with more cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with salt. Broil for 5 - 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully flip over. Spray potato skins again making sure all edges are covered. Place back in the oven to broil for another 5 - 8 minutes or until the edges are crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and fill each potato skin with scrambled egg and sausage. Top with cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese and green onions.
- Place baking sheet back in the oven (one more time) for an additional 3 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
*Note, potatoes can be baked, sliced and hallowed out the day before. Just cover and refrigerate.
Makes: 8 filled Breakfast Potato Skins