Blackened Fish Sandwich
|Blackened Fish Sandwich.doc||38 KB|
2 Tbs. paprika
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt (I use Lawry’s)
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. ground coriander
3 Tbs. coconut oil
2 fish filets (such as cod, tilapia or catfish)
sandwich rolls (I prefer Oroweat Crustini)
1 bag angel hair coleslaw (I use Fresh Express)
1 lg. tomato, sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all spices in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Wash and pat dry fish.
- Dredge fish in spices until completely coated.
- Melt coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add fish to pan and cook on both sides for 2 - 3 minutes each over medium-low heat.
- Place skillet in oven and finish cooking for 10 - 12 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork.
- Spread tartar sauce to the insides of sandwich buns.
- Place cooked fish on top of bottom bun. Layer in coleslaw, tomatoes and red onion.
- Add top bun and enjoy!