|Blackberry Cobbler.doc||38.5 KB|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Cut in the butter until you have a coarse, crumbly mixture. Add the boiling water and stir together well so that all of the dough is wet. Set aside.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the cold water in a medium bowl. Add the lemon juice, berries, and sugar. Mix together well. Pour berries into a 9 - 11 inch cast iron skillet.
- Heat mixture over medium heat stirring frequently - mixture will thicken. Remove from heat.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough over the berry mixture spreading entirely over the top of the berries. Put the cast iron skillet on a foil lined cookie sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the dough is golden brown and the berries are thick and bubbly.
Let cool completely and serve with vanilla ice cream....mmmmm!
*If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, bring to a boil in a sauce pan and bake in a 9×9 baking dish.