Band Bean Stew by Matt Wayne
|Band Bean Stew.doc||38 KB|
- Soak beans overnight in a large pot of 6 - 8 cups water
- Drain beans, slice potatoes and pork into 1” cubes.
- In a large pot, add beans, potatoes, pork and crushed garlic. Fill with water till water is just 1” - 2” above food.
- Bring to a boil. Remove froth as the stew begins to boil, and continue process until froth subsides.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Let simmer for 1 hr.
- Add butter and spices and stir thoroughly. Cover and simmer for 45 min, stirring periodically.
- Add baking soda at the very end just before serving. Stir thoroughly, be prepared for reaction due to baking soda.
*herbs can be dried if you do not have fresh
*if you are cooking for a large crowd (8-10 people) or if you just want some leftovers, double the recipe.