3 - Cheese Stuffed Shells
|3 - Cheese Stuffed Shells.doc||38.5 KB|
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
1 box jumbo pasta shells
4 ears corn, husked
Olive oil cooking spray
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
3 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
3 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 Tbs. fresh mint, chopped
2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Set oven on broil.
- Lightly coat corn with olive oil spray, salt and pepper.
- Place on a foiled lined baking sheet. Broil for 10+ min. or until golden brown, turning once or twice.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cook shells as directed and let cool.
- Carefully shave kernels off ears and transfer to a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, cheeses, mint, parsley, garlic and half the corn (about 1 1/2 cups). Mix well.
- Pour one cup of marinara sauce onto bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Fill shells with mixture and place stuffed side up.
- Cover shells with remaining sauce, corn and mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 min. or until cheese and sauce are bubbly.
- Let cool for 10 min. before serving.
Adapted from Clean Eating Magazine - August/Sept. 2011