- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix whisked eggs, corn meal, milk, baking soda, salt, olive oil and canned corn in a bowl and set aside.<
- Spread hash browns into bottom of 9X13 dish.
- Pre-heat oven to 415 degrees
- Brown meat in a large skillet. Add jar of chili starter, 3/4 cup of (your choice) liquid and can of drained beans. If chili is too thin continue to simmer until it thickens up.
- In a mixing bowl, prepare cornbread mix per package directions.
- Pour chili into a large baking dish. Pour prepared cornbread mixture on top of chili and spread evenly. Bake for 20 -25 min. Be sure to check chili-cornbread as it cooks making sure it doesn’t burn. Cornbread should be golden brown on top.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl mixing well.
- Lightly grease 8” x 8” square baking dish. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, sprinkle over top of sweet
- potato mixture. Bake for 20 - 25 min. or until golden brown.
- Yields 6 servings
From: Gwen Shamblin
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown meat with onion.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix eggs, cornbread mix, creamed corn, 1/3 c. oil and milk.
- Pour 2 Tbs. oil into a large iron skillet and heat for 10 min. pre-heated oven.
- Once oil is done heating, pour ½ cornbread mixture into bottom of skillet, add all of browned beef and onion, layer cheddar cheese on top of beef and top skillet off with remaining cornbread mixture. Bake 45-50 min. Cool for 20 min.