French Toast with Berries by Cory Morrow
|French Toast with Berries.doc||38 KB|
Slice Texas Toast or your favorite sliced bread
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 cup strawberries - sliced
1 cup blackberries
2 Tbs. butter
2 - 3 Tbs. Powdered sugar
Splash Grand Marnier
- Whisk as many eggs as you are making toast. (One egg per piece of toast)
- Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup milk,vanilla and cinnamon - mixing all together
- Drudge each piece of toast through egg mixture.
- Place directly in a large skillet over med heat. Add 1 Tbs. butter under each piece of toast and 1 Tbs. on top of each piece of toast while it cooks.
- Flip toast as soon as it starts to brown - cooking both sides
For Berry Topping:
- In a sauce pan - melt 2 Tbs. butter over low heat. Add strawberries, blackberries and sprinkle in powdered sugar.
- Add a splash of Grand Marnier and simmer over low heat.