Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie by Zane Williams
3 C. of
1 C. of canola oil
1 t. of salt
1 egg (lightly beaten) 1 T. of white vinegar
4 T. of water
1/2 C. of margarine
1 C. of white sugar
1 C. of light corn syrup
1 C. of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 C. of chopped pecan pieces
Download the recipe.
Perfect Pie Crust
1) In a large mixing bowl, mix 3 C. of flour, 1 C. of canola oil, and 1 t. of salt. Set this mixture aside.
2) Mix 1 egg (lightly beaten), 1 T. of white vinegar, and 4 T. of water.
3) Pour the second mixture over the first and mix together (a large fork mixes it well).
4) Place about half the dough between two large sheets of wax paper. Mash it down with your hand, then roll it out with a rolling pin (starting in the center and rolling outward) until it forms of rough circle about 12" in diameter. Peel off the top sheet of wax paper, then turn the bottom sheet (with crust attached) over your pie plate. Peel off the remaining wax paper and press the crust into the plate. Use small pieces of remaining dough to fix any tears, thin spots, or holes.
5) This recipe makes about 2 1/2 crusts (a bottom crust and a top crust, if needed). Wrap any leftover dough in plastic wrap and freeze it (or make the pie crust cookies in chapter 9). It can be thawed and used weeks later.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
1) Prepare your pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate, then turn on the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a mixing bowl, melt 1/2 C. of margarine in the microwave (about 30 seconds). In another bowl, empty the contents of 4 eggs. Beat the eggs lightly with a fork until the yokes and whites are blended. Combine the eggs and the margarine.
3) Add 1 C. of white sugar and 1 C. of light corn syrup to the egg mixture. Stir thoroughly.
4) Pour 1 C. of semi-sweet chocolate chips into the pie plate (with unbaked crust). Spread them evenly. Next pour 1 C. of chopped pecan pieces on top of the chips. Spread them out.
5) Pour the pie mixture over the chips and pecans. Do not add a top crust. Bake this pie for 50-55 minutes at 350 degrees. Since the pie may "weep" (overflow slightly) while cooking, it is wise to set a metal cookie sheet or some aluminum foil on a separate rack just beneath the pie to catch any drippings. Don't set your pie directly on the cookie sheet. Set your timer for 50 minutes.
6) When done, the edges of the crust should be golden brown and the center should jiggle only slightly.
Zane Williams is a native Texan that was born with the gift of making music speak to your soul. He spent years in Nashville opening for big names and writing big hits. All that experience was invaluable but Texas was calling him home. In 2009, he moved back and settled right into to the Texas Music scene. His recent CD Ride With Me was produced by Texas legend, Radney Foster. From the first line in any of his songs, you know Zane's music is absolutely pure.
Name: Zane Williams
Hometown: Abilene, Tx.
Latest CD: Ride With Me